Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Monday, February 4th



Wow! Today was a lot longer and busier than I expected it to be. I was looking forward to easing into our new assignments, and that's not how it went.

For starters, I checked D2L for specifics on the week 2 assignment, regarding the departmental blog. By the time I rolled into the PD to sit down and work on some things, I had forgotten everything I read. Once I got rolling, it was easier than I thought it would be to locate a lot of the departmental stats I was looking for, at least in terms of number of calls for service dating back a few years. Not quite sure how to find specifics on how those numbers relate to the specific hours of the day. That will be my project for tomorrow. The only way I could specifically relate this to my work situation is running into an unfamiliar situation, and having to research departmental general orders or local ordinances that I'm not familiar with.

I think I might have benefited from getting to work earlier in the day. My workspace was in the detective bureau, with a lot going on, so it was not easy to stay focused on the task at hand while carrying on conversations with my co-workers.

I've only just touched on the tip of the iceberg, but I've already learned more about the various facets of Google and excel, and this newly found knowledge will be a huge benefit to me at work.

5 comments:

  1. Multitasking and distractions are certainly going to be a factor in getting all of the course work completed. Talk to you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking debrief blog! Great content too. Time efficiency is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, you have me a bit confused here. Did you make a debriefing blog just for week two? Good reflection on the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why, but I thought we were supposed to do a new blog for each distance learning week, with a new post to that blog each day. Should I get rid of this and just post each day to my debrief blog from Friday?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete