Today was a good day. Our group meeting was very productive - team members were helpful in reminding us all of upcoming deadlines, and some of them sharing their frustration with creating their blogs. It's good to know that several of us are in the same boat, and keeps me from feeling like a complete idiot.
Bart ran us through a quick tutorial, which was extremely helpful. I was struggling in a big way yesterday with creating and editing my departmental blog. Between what Bart showed us, and some help from our department IT guy and a lieutenant that was formerly a facilitator in Staff and Command, I was able to make some real progress with the blog.
Later in the day, Jake sent a text to the group, advising that he found that we had a deadline at 5:00 p.m. today that some of us were not aware of. Paul and Mike B. shared their versions of the document - some serious teamwork going on in the blue group!
How did the day's activities relate to your real-world work situation?
Today's actions of my teammates reminded me of the Sergeant assigned to my platoon. He does a fantastic job when acting independently, but he's always aware of the actions and safety of those under his supervision. Members of the blue team acted as caring and alert supervisors today.
What could you have done differently that might have impacted your performance?
Although it didn't have a negative impact, ultimately, on my performance, I should have been more aware of our assignments and deadlines. If it hadn't been for Jake notifying the rest of the group, I would have missed the deadline for the PBL sheet for the departmental blog.
How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
In the future, I will be more aware of our assignments and deadlines during Staff and Command. I think I generally already look out for my co-workers and those under my command, but it's always good to be reminded that it's a good quality to have each others' backs.
No comments:
Post a Comment