Procrastinator. That's my check-in word today, because that's what I was yesterday. Between spending time with my daughter, who is home for spring break, my parents, who came for a visit and I haven't seen for about 3 months, and a physical therapy appointment, I found too many distractions to stay focused on the team assignment. I almost missed the check-out word last night - realized at 11:30 as I was just about to fall asleep! And this is the first time that I've written my debrief the day after the day I'm debriefing. Oh, well, just need to work extra hard today.
How did the day's activities relate to your real-world work situation?
There are distractions at work, too. There are days that, if I don't stay focused, I will become distracted and not complete my necessary duties.
How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
For one, I will be much busier today and tomorrow, picking up the slack I created by not sticking to the task yesterday. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to me in the future: "Don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today".
What could you have done differently that might have impacted your performance?
I think this is obvious, but I'll mention it again. I could have stayed more focused on the task. By the end of the day, I completed a draft of my portion of our team presentation. Since it was late in the day, I hurried through it, and am sure it will need a lot of changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment