I'm feeling pretty confident today about our group presentation. During the morning meeting, we discussed various aspects of the presentation. After the meeting, we all got to work preparing our portion. Paul had set up a power-point in our shared folder, so that we were all able to dump our information in for our individual parts of the group presentation. A true team effort. Paul and I talked on the phone to troubleshoot one aspect of the powerpoint, then Jake made some suggestions for one my slides. A minor concern for me - I rehearsed my presentation and timed myself, and came out to 5 minutes and 14 seconds. Considering our 5-man team and a 15 minute time limit, this might be a problem. We all agreed to get together Monday evening to work out the kinks.
How did the day's activities relate to your real-world work situation?
We say it over and over again, but I'm really proud of the way our team works together. This is not totally different from the platoon that I supervise at the PD. My sergeant tends to supervise the crew, usually without any need for my help, and they all have a lot of respect for him. Occasionally he contacts me for some guidance, or just to make sure I'm ok with his decision on a particular situation.
How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
My behavior, in all honesty, will not change as a result of what I learned today. However, today, like every day of this course so far, I learned something related to computer technology. Each time I learn something in this area, I use it again and it will benefit me throughout this course, and possibly with projects outside this course.
What could you have done differently that might have impacted your performance?
My assignment during the team meeting was scribe. I think there might have been a couple minor things that I missed when documenting notes from the meeting to share with the group. Although I tried hard not to miss anything, I suppose I could have tried to listen better, or maybe recorded the meeting to reference later.
No comments:
Post a Comment