This has been a tough but rewarding week. Just dropped my final and complete copy of my grant proposal in Bart's dropbox. I feel pretty good about the way it turned out. This was a very intimidating assignment from the start, but with help from the team I was able to get through it. There have been times from when our team was first created that I wasn't confident that Jake and I would gel as teammates. After this week, I feel much better about our working relationship.
How did today's activities relate to your real-world work situation?
After our team meeting, I went to the PD to work on my assignment. Things were busy with the road patrol, and the acting LT was out assisting with a call regarding two armed suspects. I stopped in dispatch to see if I could help. While the dispatcher had things under control, she did ask if I could handle an individual in the lobby that was there to post bond for a prisoner. I processed the bond and the prisoner release. This was like a typical day on duty - you have a plan to get some work done, and things pop up and demand your immediate attention.
How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
Although we're halfway through our class, the hands-on learning with powerpoint will benefit me through the rest of the class.
What could you have done differently that might have impacted your performance?
Each day, when I answer this question, I find something I did that I should have done better. Today, I'll point out how I helped in dispatch. I could have left the bond acceptance and prisoner release for the acting LT to handle when he got back. I see our department as a team, and I'm glad that I could help, since he was busy backing up his officers.
No comments:
Post a Comment