Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Grant Week Tuesday

Productive day today. The goal for today was to complete the "Design and Implementation" portion of the grant application. Using one of the examples in D2L as a guide, I got started. It was a slow and constantly changing process, as I would type some information, then change some wording, then add additional information. Once completed, I took a look at the work of my teammates, and realized that I needed more detailed information. Took a little break to have lunch and play with the dogs (beautiful sunny day in Trenton today), then went back to it. Had a brief phone conversation with Paul, during which I told him that I was a little confused on how the final product would look. These daily assignments felt like small pieces of a puzzle, but how to put them together? I'm embarrassed to say that after I talked with Paul, I looked at the assignment sheet, in a section I hadn't really read yet, and it all made sense. Not real smart to jump into the assignment without completely reading the provided instructions!

How did the day's activities relate to your real-world work situation?
Completely different. Glad to say that I don't jump into projects at work without making myself completely aware of any available information.

How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
I'd like to think that I've learned from this, and I'll read all of the instructions before starting an assignment.

What could you have done differently that might have impacted your performance?
I need to be better informed on the requirements of the assignment, especially when I'm leading the morning meeting. When questions arise within the team, I need to be able to help my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment