Friday, May 10, 2019

Done!

Glad to be done with the budget proposal. This assignment was not as intimidating as I thought it would be. I've had co-workers ask me in the past if I would be interested in an administration job - Chief or Director. I've always said "no", because I had no experience with budgets. After this week, I don't think that part of the job would be all that terrible.

What did I do today?
Since my budget proposal was complete by Thursday, I spent my day reviewing the proposals of my teammates and looking at their responses to the debrief questions for Monday's discussion. While working at the PD, I was approached by the Sgt. assigned to my platoon. He had a minor issue with a subordinate questioning a job assignment. I discussed the situation with the Sgt. and talked him through some options to handle the situation. In addition, I walked the Sgt. through the processing of a prisoner when he had questions about the fingerprint process.

What could I have done differently that might have impacted my performance for the better?
I'm satisfied with my work today. Normally I have some self-reflection, during which I can identify a shortcoming in what I did. Not today.

How will my real-world behavior change as a result of what I learned / experienced today?
Knowing what goes into the budget process, I might reconsider whether or not I would be interested in an administrative position in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment