Completed my budget proposal today. I had it pretty much the way I wanted it, just wanted to add the patrol analysis worksheet to the last page. That was a frustrating task. For some reason, google docs was not cooperating. After trying 30 different ways, it worked. No idea why, but it did. So I'm satisfied with my end product. Also, I was able to arrange some tee times for our golf outing on Tuesday, so that should be fun.
What did I do today?
As I mentioned above, most of my time today was spent just fine-tuning a bit. Unrelated to Staff and Command, I had a lengthy conversation with a co-worker about dealing with new trainees, and why we've washed several during the FTO period. Not sure that the majority of our department understands that some of these new employees might need a different form of training.
What could I have done differently that might have impacted my performance for the better?
I don't really feel that my performance today needed any improvement. My budget package was mostly complete yesterday, so I'm happy with what I've done.
How will my real-world behavior change as a result of what I learned/experienced today?
While adding to our team discussion on debrief questions, I talked about insufficient entries in our CAD system. I'm referring to dispatch narratives, and the lack of timelines and detailed information. I plan to watch the dispatchers a little more closely to assure they are updating calls with all the pertinent information.
No comments:
Post a Comment