Long day today. I thought I had this assignment under control, then Jake pointed out my misunderstanding of a portion of the assignment during our morning meeting. I'm glad he did - I would have missed the boat. PBL and knowns and unknowns aside, I've got my final project just about done. Hoping for some constructive criticism from the team tonight and tomorrow. It would be nice to have this finished and submitted before the weekend. I think tomorrow I'll start on my powerpoint, and work on critiquing the work of my teammates.
What did I learn today?
After looking at Jake's draft, I was complaining that mine just looked weak. My wife, who normally is the one that can't figure out how to open microsoft word, sat down and helped me fine-tune the cover page. I'm really happy with the way it came out. During that process, I learned how to change gradients and add frames for photo effects.
What could I have done differently that might have impacted my performance for the better?
I could have read the assignment sheet more carefully. The mistake that Jake pointed out to me was something I should have understood without having to be corrected. That's what teams are for, right?
How will my real-world behavior change as a result of what I learned today?
I'd like to say my next project will look more professional, but this is the last one! I did learn that I should stay at home during distance learning weeks. While I was working at the PD, I was visited probably ten times from officers on duty. It's always nice to BS with the crew, but it did slow down my progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment