Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Rolling!

I'm feeling pretty good about this assignment. I've tried to stay with the requirements of the assignment, but I've also jumped ahead a little bit. I've been working on the paper itself for several days, not just the brainstorming, PBL, etc. Maybe putting the cart before the horse, but the information is all there - no need to backtrack and look for information that I already have.

What did I learn today?
For my second organizational goal, I'm using "revising department general orders". I already knew that my administration was looking at contracting with Lexipol to help with this task, so I've been researching Lexipol for a while. Today, while looking at some of their information, I found stats on how civil lawsuit payouts have decreased for the agencies that contract with them.

What could I have differently that might have impacted my performance for the better?
It might have helped if I had devoted more time to the task today. After our team meeting, I went shopping with my daughter, and that took up several hours. If I had gotten to work right after the team meeting, I would have that much more done.

How will your real-world behavior change as a result of what you learned today?
With the research I gathered on Lexipol, I'm now a big proponent of the service they offer. I will volunteer to be our agency's liaison to Lexipol to assist in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment